Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Path

The Path

I embark upon a journey,
It's purpose well defined.
Is it in the physical
Or only in my mind?

The path now lies before me
A path which is my own,
Though others walk beside me
This path I walk alone.

For some the path is different
For all the path unique,
The proud it maketh humble
The strong it maketh weak.

Millions go before me
And yet I am the first,
To walk along the path
Driven only by my thirst.

In search of living water
Once found at Jacob's well.
That I may thrist no more
My doubts and fears dispelled.

To fill the void inside me
With that of greatest worth,
To find the hidden treasure
For which I came to earth.

Tho' blinded by the darkness
The Light, I still can see.
Tho' deafened by the silence
His voice still calls to me.

"Give unto me thy burdens
For you this is the test.
To put thy faith in Me,
That I may give you rest".

"The path now lies before thee
True it is thine own,
Just follow in my footsteps
The path will lead you home".

William E Lee
Copyright 1997

No comments:

Post a Comment